Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Meetings

I've been a bad blogger. I had 2 whole weeks off and yet it's been a while since I posted. Ooops. Been to 6 Flags a couple of times, graduated from AudioVerbal therapy after understanding without lipreading at 22 feet! It was a good 2 weeks...but.....

It's back to school for the kiddos tomorrow here and we teachers have been at it for 2 days. Yesterday was mostly planning and room work and today we had meetings. This morning was my first staff meeting since I got my CI. Here's the layout....about 50 teachers at round tables with principal at the front with the projector. I chose a seat at the frontmost table but still a good 10-15 feet from the speaker. I could understand very well and even could understand a good bit of questions from around the room....I needed to identify the direction the speach was coming from then could hear it more clearly.
This afternoon brought a whole other type of meeting...the district librarians meeting. I HATE those....with a purple passion. It's generally like watching paint dry....argumenative paint. There are 8 of us and....ok...maybe we all try to take over a bit. ;) Well today, I did very well in keeping up....even though we tend to get off the main topic and may have 3-4 conversations going at once then merge back unexpectedly from time to time. Most notably, I carried on a conversation with Michelle across Leslie and Janet....they were between us talking on their own topic and I managed to understand her anyway....at probably 8-10 feet away.
All this was after getting brave enough to go out to a wings place with about 10 co-workers last night.
WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment