Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 4

I've really done very little but sleep since surgery so there's not been much to write about. I'm feeling considerably more awake today and will give it a try.

Yesterday I took off the pressure bandage. That helped alot. It was a bit scary to take away the protection it provided but now I can really tell that the sore spots I have are mostly where it was rubbing and/or digging in. I am a bit freaked by the fact that the top of my ear seems glued to my head. I'm sure it's probably just residual ick holding it together but I'm not going to go messing with it.....at least not yet. I have some itchy spots but that's mostly where the hair he shaved is getting stubbly. My hair is really greasy, nasty, icky....and I can wash it Monday. I may be brave and do it Sunday night. The doctor told me Monday but the paperwork said 3 days.....so thinking I can fudge just a little. Maybe.

I woke up a bit lightheaded this morning. I can't really say I've had a vertigo attack or anything. It's gone really well. I'm actually thinking I was hungry and dehydrated. A couple of glasses of water and a breakfast burrito seemed to help alot. Mom is delivering lunch....wonder what we are having. I'm thinking we may need to re-think the Thanksgiving plan of steak. I can't open my mouth very wide and that much chewing might be hard....but it's still a few days away.

I'm very glad it's Thanksgiving break now so I can't possibly feel guilty about not being at work. I have a feeling Caleb is going to want me to do more than I'm up to though. Andy is off all but Monday so they can keep each other entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment